Sphere 17 Regional Youth Service is a high-quality youth service for young people between the ages of 10 – 24 in the area. They provide many different services to young people, based on their needs, issues, and interests.
Sphere 17 hopes for a future where all young people are valued. They want to see a society where young people have a voice, where young people are respected, and where they feel included, no matter what community they are from. They hope for a society where young people can get high-quality local support and have a real chance to be the best that they can be. Sphere 17 believes all young people can achieve great things. They do that in different ways for different young people, as they need it, through the varied services they provide.
• They actively promote the participation of all young people in all aspects of their service.
• They aim to deliver the service in line with established best practice and in keeping with the equality and community-based ethos that informs their work.
• They deliver services based on young people’s needs, interests, issues and age profile.
• They provide a range of services covering recreational, educational, health, personal and social development.
• They provide professional services, by trained and Garda-vetted Youth Workers.
• They engage in a way that is open, creative and positive.
Key Service Outputs (2021)
Young People (YP) engaged in the service
Session contacts with average contact time 70 mins per YP
YP engaged in the Listen Project, attending 832 sessions
Cumulative Service Contact Hours