The Family Centres are situated in the heart of their communities. Just like the assessment centre based here in St. Benedicts Resource centre.
The Family Centres offer a range of therapeutic supportive interventions to children up to the age of 18 years and their parents or carers. Their approach to working with families is needs-led, strengths-based and solution-focused.
Families can self-refer to Family Centres, they also accept referrals from GPs, Health Services, An Garda Síochana, Courts, CAMHS (Child & Adolescent Mental Health Services), Schools etc. This is a great service and we are honoured to be home for such a vital service.
The model of service delivery has three aims:
- To support children and families develop coping skills and resilience.
- To help families to develop social supports within their family and in the local community.
- To support the development of attachment and positive relationships.
Their work with children and families may include:
• Parenting support
• Individual support
• Group work
• Family work
• Evidence-based programmes
The Family Centres are welcoming and non-clinical and our professionally qualified staff work in partnership with parents and referrers to provide interventions that are therapeutic and supportive.
The aim is to provide free-of-charge flexible service to families to include individual sessions, parenting, family and group work, home visits, outreach and a drop-in facility.
Staff & Contact
The staff are professional trained and regularly engage in ongoing professional development such as:
• Brief Solution Focused Therapy
• Marte Meo
• Play Therapies
• Child Protection procedures.
• ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training)
The staff contribute to a wide variety of groups and networks including:
• At Risk Teenage groups
• SIATT and NIAP (for perpetrators of sexual abuse)
• Wellness groups
• Traveller Counselling Service
• Youth Wellbeing Groups
• Strengthening Families group
• Homelessness Initiative
• Family Support Network
• Help Stop Bullying
Staff training programmes also include counselling, psychotherapy, supervision, self-harm (SPACE programme), Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy, Incredible Years, Working with Conflict, Family therapy, Hanen programme, Globe Capacity and Cultural Awareness.